Ceiling Insulation Johannesburg
Aerolite ceiling insulation Johannesburg – we are approved installers of Aerolite ceiling insulation since 1977. We cover the entire Gauteng and Western Cape areas.
For more information please give us a call on the number above and if you are not sure please complete the questions below:
Things to be aware for for ceiling insulation Johannesburg
Factors affecting the type and amount of insulation to use in a building include:
- Thermal conductivity
- Moisture sensitiveness
- Compressive strength
- Ease of installation
- Durability – resistance to degradation from compression, moisture, decomposition, etc.
- Ease of replacement at end of life
- Cost effectiveness
- Environmental impact and sustainability
Considerations regarding building and climate:
- The average climate conditions in the geographical area the building is located
- The temperature the building is used at
- Often a combination of materials is used to achieve an optimum solution and there are products which combine different types of insulation into a single form.
- Building insulation materials are the building materials which form the thermal envelope of a building or otherwise reduce heat transfer.
Insulation may be categorized by its composition (natural or synthetic materials), form (batts, blankets, loose-fill, spray foam, and panels), structural contribution (insulating concrete forms, structured panels, and straw bales), functional mode (conductive, radiative, convective), resistance to heat transfer, environmental impacts, and more. Sometimes a thermally reflective surface called a radiant barrier is added to a material to reduce the transfer of heat through radiation as well as conduction. The choice of which material or combination of materials is used depends on a wide variety of factors. Some insulation materials have health risks, some so significant the materials are no longer allowed to be used but remain in use in some older buildings such as asbestos fibers and urea