Roof Insulation Johannesburg
Aerolite Roof Insulation available from us in Johannesburg.
Roof Insulation Johannesburg – To discover more information for your roof insulation please complete the form below or give us a call
Roof Insulation Johannesburg - Factors that affect the type and amount of insulation to use
- Thermal conductivity
- Moisture sensitiveness
- Compressive strength
- Ease of installation
- Durability – resistance to degradation from compression, moisture, decomposition, etc.
- Ease of replacement at end of life
- Cost effectiveness
- Environmental impact and sustainability
- Considerations regarding building and climate:The average climate conditions in the geographical area the building is located
- The temperature the building is used at
- Often a combination of materials is used to achieve an optimum solution and there are products which combine different types of insulation into a single form.
- Building insulation materials are the building materials which form the thermal envelope of a building or otherwise reduce heat transfer.
Insulation may be categorized by its composition (natural or synthetic materials), form (batts, blankets, loose-fill, spray foam, and panels), structural contribution (insulating concrete forms, structured panels, and straw bales), functional mode (conductive, radiative, convective), resistance to heat transfer, environmental impacts, and more. Sometimes a thermally reflective surface called a radiant barrier is added to a material to reduce the transfer of heat through radiation as well as conduction. The choice of which material or combination of materials is used depends on a wide variety of factors.
Some insulation materials have health risks, some so significant the materials are no longer allowed to be used but remain in use in some older buildings such as asbestos fibers and urea.